Re: Reply: [ihc] silvertip - OT Nickel cases

----- Original Message -----
From: "Ted Borck" <tborck@domain.elided>
To: "Ryan Moore" <baradium@domain.elided>
Cc: "John Hofstetter" <hofs@domain.elided>; "Tom Harais" <THarais@domain.elided>;
<ihc@domain.elided>
Sent: Monday, November 01, 2004 18:37
Subject: Reply: [ihc] silvertip - OT Nickel cases

> On Mon, 1 Nov 2004, Ryan Moore wrote:
>
> > http://www.winchester.com/images/product%20catalog/SBST3006.jpg
> >
> > We'll see if this gets cut up, if it does, try
> >
> > http://makeashorterlink.com/?M26621CA9
> >
> > This is the round I'm talking about, it's the Winchester ballistic
> > silvertip, and if Kerry had his way, it'd most definately be covered by
his
> > ban.
>
> Nice looking .223 cartridge - what's it got to do with a .22?

That's a 30-06 cartridge.  At least that's what the picture was under.
Iguess they might have taken the picture of the wrong round and used it
everywhere though.  Nothing to do with a .22, everything to do with the
silvertip/nickle 30-06 cases, since those are the ones I'm talking about.

> > Those rounds are $1.46 a pop (not a case, that's per round), but they
work
> > *very* well.  I try not to shoot one of those unless my target is
edible.
> > Not a good round to plink with thanks to the cost.
> >
> > This is a new round, looks like it's an upgrade/new line on the
Ballistic
> > Silvertip, this one is called the Supreme Accubond CT.  Probobly not a
great
> > one for most game though, the big thing about this one is that it has a
> > delayed expansion to allow for deeper penetration (and better
penetration)
> > than the Ballistic Silvertip (the silvertip has excellent penetration by
> > itself, so I guess you'd use this one on some seriously large stuff).
This
> > one runs $1.64 a round.
>
> What are you hunting?

Deer mostly.  Havn't had a chance to this season though, have a GA license,
we'll see if I get any in over thanksgiving.  It's pretty hard to just wound
something with one of these rounds.   Pretty nasty stuff happens once it
enters.

-Ryan

---