Re: [ihc] OT Nickel cases

On Nov 1, 2004, at 1:22 PM, Tom Harais wrote:

It seems to me, that aluminum cases would have a much broader appeal. I
mean, we have more than a few homeless folks around here that scrounge up
all the aluminum they can find, even your beer can collection from your
backyard if you don't catch them. They take to the neighborhood recycle
center so they can fund their next bottle or fix. And aluminum returns a
higher price than just about anything else that is recycled through these
channels.

I liked your post, Tom, obviously I feel the same way.

But, in regard to the aluminum shell cases, I don't think a barrel of them would be worth more than a dollar or two. Maybe because of the primer in them, a recycler wouldn't even take them, but.....

The major value of an aluminum can is the CRV that you paid when you bought it. The aluminum in the can isn't worth crap. Ever take a big chunk of Al to a recycler and try to get paid for it. Not worth enough for him/her to even be interested.

No CRV on aluminum cases from ammunition.

John

John Hofstetter
Ol' Saline
www.goldrush.com/~hofs