[ihc] Diameters, not of cylinder bores, but I will cease and desist after this

On Nov 1, 2004, at 7:05 PM, Ryan Moore wrote:

That's a 30-06 cartridge. At least that's what the picture was under.
Iguess they might have taken the picture of the wrong round and used it
everywhere though. Nothing to do with a .22, everything to do with the
silvertip/nickle 30-06 cases, since those are the ones I'm talking about.
Raises my anxiety level to have you talk about nickel cases. I suspect that a cartridge case made out of nickel would be virtually useless, and very expensive.

Wiinchester made a good move when it went into a collaboration with Nosler to develop these rounds.

By the bye, did you guys know that the the 223, the 222 Remington, the 219 Zipper, the 218 Bee, the 220 Swift,and the 22-250 all use bullets that are the same diameter?

Did you know that the .357 SIG cartridge is 9mm? Did you know that the .44 bullet is .429 ? Did you know that the .270 is .277 ? You probably did know that the 30-06 is .308.

What's in a name?

John

John Hofstetter
Ol' Saline