Reply: [ihc] silvertip - OT Nickel cases

On Mon, 1 Nov 2004, Ryan Moore wrote:

http://www.winchester.com/images/product%20catalog/SBST3006.jpg

We'll see if this gets cut up, if it does, try

http://makeashorterlink.com/?M26621CA9

This is the round I'm talking about, it's the Winchester ballistic
silvertip, and if Kerry had his way, it'd most definately be covered by his
ban.
Nice looking .223 cartridge - what's it got to do with a .22?

Those rounds are $1.46 a pop (not a case, that's per round), but they work
*very* well.  I try not to shoot one of those unless my target is edible.
Not a good round to plink with thanks to the cost.

This is a new round, looks like it's an upgrade/new line on the Ballistic
Silvertip, this one is called the Supreme Accubond CT.  Probobly not a great
one for most game though, the big thing about this one is that it has a
delayed expansion to allow for deeper penetration (and better penetration)
than the Ballistic Silvertip (the silvertip has excellent penetration by
itself, so I guess you'd use this one on some seriously large stuff).  This
one runs $1.64 a round.
What are you hunting?

--
Ted Borck	tborck@domain.elided