Re: [ihc] Scout II front end question

Howard R Pletcher wrote:

I have to question how much it actually does to prevent sway and have
never seen any quantitive evaluation, other than several who have removed
theirs and said they couldn't tell any difference.

I'd be curious if someone who has access to the ramp travel equipment
would run a comparison with and without the bar to see how much
difference it actually makes there.
My seat-of-the-pants input is that I prefer on-road driving with the anti-sway bar installed. I ran a 4" lift w/ 33s, and noticed on windy roads leading to a trail head that the Scout leaned significantly more in the turns w/o the anti-sway-bar than it did w/ it. I preferred the "with it" on-road handling.

My SOA and RS'd Scout leans in the turns a good bit.. heck, just grabbing the rollcage and leaning back while standing on the rocker makes the body roll significantly.. but then, that was sorta the idea. :D

I've ramped my 4" w/ Sway-bar scout a few times, with the bar both on and off.. I don't think it made a significant impact on the end result, but it did seem to determine how much the body leaned while going up the ramp. The anti-sway bar didn't make enough of a difference on the ramp that I ever bothered to disconnect it after the first time. :)