[ihc] Starter help 74/75 4wd TA

Binders,
      While finishing up my engine swap this weekend, I came to the
disheartening realization that the NEW (rebuilt) lifetime starter that I
bought at AutoBone has a sticking solenoid.  When the key is switched to
the start position the starter continues to run regardless of letting go of
the key.  Banging on the starter and solenoid with a hammer fixes the
situation, and is required each time.  This is a 75 150 1/2T 4wd TA

      So, does anyone prefer a starter from one place over another?  I
replaced the starter in my 3/4 TA (74 200 3/4T 4wd TA) because the old one
had a bad nose bushing and the 'new' starter no can no longer turn the
engine over without help from another battery.  Are the chain store
starters just junk or what?

Am I just unlucky?

      AND>>.  How does everyone else get to the top bolts on their starters
on the 74/75 PU and TA.  I can barely even look at the bolt let alone
remove it.  Tried and cursed and after an hour of trying to get my 37 inch
arm to fit into the fender (somehow) I was still unable to free to top
bolt.

Now, I've done it twice before, but I can't remember.

Anybody, anyone?  Bueller?

TIA,
JoelB