Re: [ihc] Starter help 74/75 4wd TA

Joel M Brodsky wrote:

bought at AutoBone has a sticking solenoid.  When the key is switched to
the start position the starter continues to run regardless of letting go of
the key.  Banging on the starter and solenoid with a hammer fixes the
situation, and is required each time.  This is a 75 150 1/2T 4wd TA
Joel - FORD SOLENOID.

You can even just cut the battery cable off at a good spot and put a new end on it, and avoid dropping the starter at all.

Just need to add a short jumper on the GM solenoid itself from the big battery terminal to the "S" terminal.

Any time I mess with a starter on one of my IHs, it gets a Ford solenoid..

      AND>>.  How does everyone else get to the top bolts on their starters
on the 74/75 PU and TA.  I can barely even look at the bolt let alone
remove it.  Tried and cursed and after an hour of trying to get my 37 inch
arm to fit into the fender (somehow) I was still unable to free to top
bolt.
I removed the engine from the vehicle. :D

R&Ring the starter was EASY at that point.

-Tom