Re: [ihc] Maybe the End to My Wartime Motor :(

----- Original Message -----
From: "John Hofstetter" <hofs@domain.elided>

<snip>
> Gasoline is much more volatile than kerosene, so it won't take you
> more than one oil change to get rid of the gas. At least that is what
> I think.

---True. I was thinking that gasoline was worse, but as said earlier,
diesel, kerosene and then gasoline in the filtering/seperation process. It
took three changes to get the kerosene out of the motor when I first bought
it.

<snip>
> You know, that is probably what is wrong with my memory. I used to
> wash parts in gasoline, wash my hands in gasoline, suck on a syphon
> hose till my mouth was full of gasoline.  Wonder is that I'm even
> alive, much less still halfway coherent.

---That was the good gas. Back then it didn't taste so good, but compared to
the gas now, I would much rather be spitting out the few drops of leaded
fuel. Can barely stand the smell of the unleaded myself.

---Thank you,
-T.R.E.Jr.
-`73 Scout II (StoneThrower)
-`51 Farmall H (Heinz)
-`49 IH fridge (presently unnamed and in need of a compressor)
-`49 Plymouth Special Deluxe 4-door Sedan (Papapalooza)