Re: [ihc] Maybe the End to My Wartime Motor :(

---It is a common practice and suggested in the owner's manual when harsh
winters are common. There were pretty harsh winters up in Michigan, so after
finding the suggestion in the owner's manual, I didn't pay any mind to the
smell the next time I changed oil. The smell was gone after the third oil
change, so I am assuming it will take about 3 before I get all the gas out
of my crankcase. I just won't wait until 3000 miles to change oil this next
few intervals, but I do see maybe a quart of heavy synthetic added after
this next drain.
Thomas,

Gasoline is much more volatile than kerosene, so it won't take you more than one oil change to get rid of the gas. At least that is what I think.

You know, that is probably what is wrong with my memory. I used to wash parts in gasoline, wash my hands in gasoline, suck on a syphon hose till my mouth was full of gasoline. Wonder is that I'm even alive, much less still halfway coherent.

John
--
John Hofstetter
www.goldrush.com/~hofs