Re: [ihc] Re: Maybe the End to My Wartime Motor :(

---Well appreciated response, as are all the rest.

---The base plate on the carb was cracked. I rebuilt the carb a couple of
weeks ago using a donor carb from a guy here in the next town. Used his base
plate to rebuild my 2300 L#1710. All was good. Used new gaskets from old
rebuild kits and a new diaphragm. Used the 2 year old needle and seat (new
style from Echlin w/ 9/16" locknut and screw needle and seat... totally
opposite from the old style). What was happening was there had to be a
defect in the needle and seat that didn't arise until now, or there was
debris in the needle and seat. I cleaned the carb and earlier had POR'd the
fuel tank and flushed the lines, no metal hard lines and no rust in the
system at all... no idea what could have gotten caught in the needle and
seat.

---She seems to be dong fine, have her dripping on cardboard right now while
the pan is off. Just wondering if I should pull the pump or if I should let
that fly. My pump doesn't have a spacer, for some reason the only thing the
military pump has is the plate between the housing and cover and the
necessary gaskets. Maybe to boost the pressure by lessening the clearance. I
use Indian Head on the mating parts, so the gasket is no big deal. It holds
up to fuel well, might just remove the cover as the pump remains mounted to
the block.

---Thank you,
-T.R.E.Jr.
-`73 Scout II (StoneThrower)
-`51 Farmall H (Heinz)
-`49 IH fridge (presently unnamed and in need of a compressor)
-`49 Plymouth Special Deluxe 4-door Sedan (Papapalooza)