Re: [ihc] Re: Crank Scrapers

----- Original Message -----
From: "Colin M Rush" <salmineo@domain.elided>
Subject: [ihc] Re: Crank Scrapers

<snip>
> It does not act as a shelf for oil to sit on, as the oil is
> scraped off on the bottom side, and drips into the pan.

---I disagree, only because from the image I looked at, there is an awfully
big ledge preventing the oil from draining back into the pan. Now, the image
is not that detailed and/or close up, so maybe, just maybe the sides are
slotted to allow oil to drain down the sides of the block and into the pan,
but I could not see that in the image. That is their business though, so
maybe* that has been covered in the design. I can't afford to test their
product though, then again, the oil I just pulled would have no problem
draining back into the pan regardless.

<snip>
> The scraper also helps keep the oil from foaming as much as it would
> otherwise.  In fact, this is exactly the thing the factory came up with
> in 1973 to address the chronic IH low oil pressure problem.  They
> developed a crank scraper that mounted on the oil pan rail which helped
> shave the oil off of the rotating assembly and get it back in the pan.
> Part Number was 8000633-R91, and was called an oil baffle.

---Thanks for the part number. Would we be able to get that through
Intenational for the loadstars or what? I might be interested in something
that International themselves designed for their motors. I know at least
they would have put thought and consideration into it.

<snip>
> ... (I have JPG files of
> this 3-page bulletin, if anyone wants it.)

---ME ME ME! OO OO OO Mistah Cottah!

<snip>
> I feel that folks ought to help support the fellow that is selling them
> on eBay.  He is located in Florida (Proudly Made in America!), and has
> developed a product for IH, which almost nobody does.  He borrowed a
> motor from a fellow Binder owner in FL, and spent the time to design it
> and make it available (several weeks from what I understand).  If nobody
> buys these, then we should not complain when nobody else develops
> products for IHC.  I have seen this time and again with other lesser
> marques (like AMC).  Folks complain about 'why is there so much stuff for
> Chevy, but nobody ever makes anything for us?'  Then when someone does,
> nobody buys it, and then the manufacturer says 'never again', and then we
> are back at square one where folks complain all over again about 'why is
> there never anything for us?'  Support your IH parts vendor!

---Agreed., but a NOS part with the IH stamp in it would be nicer. :-D even
if the logo can't be seen, there has* to be some one the shelf somewhere.

---Thank you,
-T.R.E.Jr.
-`73 Scout II (StoneThrower)
-`51 Farmall H (Heinz)
-`49 IH fridge (presently unnamed and in need of a compressor)
-`49 Plymouth Special Deluxe 4-door Sedan (Papapalooza)