Stag/Stag Digest Archive

Re: Wheels and Coachlines

Hello Alastair,
	Best way to check on the coachlines are at the door seams where they originally
wrapped around the door edge and door post.  If you look closely, you will see
the original coachlines hidden there under the paint overspray.  You can also
pop off the front and rear horseshoe chrome pieces and the original coachlines
will be evident there unless the painter was very meticulous in his paint
preparation.
	Others have responded with the "original" coachline placement with the thin on
top and passing ONLY over the rear wheel arch, the thick line lower and broken
by both wheel arches.  It sounds like the DPO wanted a different look with the
coachlines and wheels.  There is a good example showing proper placement at the
web site http://www.carmagazine.co.uk/_classcar/_BUYERS/stag/stag.htm and the
best color Stag to boot!

Regards,
Glenn  Merrell