Stag/Stag Digest Archive

Re: Low Stag Prices

I agree with Glenn that the low value placed on good Stags in the U.S. is
a disincentive for owning and restoring the cars. I'll probably have at
least $20,000 in my '73 Stag when the restoration is done this May. Maybe
it'll be worth $12-14,000 if offered for sale. But that's true with most
"accessible" makes of cars, I suspect. I just keep telling myself "I'm
probably crazy, but so what?"

I'm a member of an Austin-Healey Club and know quite a few British Car
owners. So far, not one of them has said they envy me for my Stag
project. That's just the way it is.

But I really like this car. Insane as it sounds to most people.

Possibly the derision I received for years for owning a Florida
Green/white Healey gave me my thick skin. After hearing countless times
"Why don't you paint that car a good color?", my Healey won first place
in popularity for 100-6's at the 40th Internation Austin-Healey Meet in
Breckenridge, Colorado. In the back of my mind I sense that the Stag's
day of acclaim will come, too.

Thomas Santee
Eugene, Oregon