Re: [ihc] RE: David's decarbonisation

On Aug 22, 2004, at 11:44 AM, David Bongo wrote:

I go to Shell stations (Have the Shell credit card with 5% rebates)
but they have "V-Power" or something like that as a cleaning agent.
Is it all the same stuff (in re. "before Techron was being sold by
everybody.") or do the various companies actually use different
additives?  I don't mind buying and using it, but if it's the same
thing as in Shell what's the point in adding it?

Thanks.

Dave
Dave, I wasn't talking about what was added to the gas by the refiner. A tablespoon in a tank full of gas is not the same as a pint in 5 gallons.

I have no idea of whether or not Shell has a product as good as Techron. What they put in their gas is irrelevant to what I suggested.

Buy a pint of Techron and put it into your gas tank as directed. Put two pints in if you want. If it doesn't seem to help with the symptoms caused by the excess carbon, don't buy any more.

John

John Hofstetter
Ol' Saline
www.goldrush.com/~hofs