Re: [ihc] RE: David's decarbonisation

The combustion chamber deposits can cause hot spots
that are actually glowing.  When a fresh charge comes
into the cylinder, this ignites it ahead of time,
usually shows up as pinging.

With a carbureted engine this causes dieseling when
you switch off the ignition.  There's still a source
of ignition you can't shut off but it isn't occuring
at the right time so you get dieseling.  Sometimes the
engine is running backward, seen them do that.  Really
rough and ugly running.

Steve