Re: [ihc] RE: David's decarbonisation

On Thu, 19 Aug 2004 22:28:37 -0700 (PDT), Steven Stegmann
<steve.stegmann@domain.elided> wrote:
> The combustion chamber deposits can cause hot spots
> that are actually glowing.  When a fresh charge comes
> into the cylinder, this ignites it ahead of time,
> usually shows up as pinging.

Just out of curiosity, is there any way to check for that without
disassemling the whole engine? It sounds to me that most (if not all)
of the people on list feel that I have piston slap.  SOMETHING is
causing the dieseling, and that COULD lead to pinging.  If the
ATF/Mineral Spirits trick doesn't work, would anything else work for
cleaning it?  Also, should I pour the stuff down the carb when the
engine is hot or cold or it doesn't matter?

Thanks.

Dave