Re: [ihc] RE: David's decarbonisation

The ATF/mineral spirits will remove the carbon. You
pour just fast enough to almost kill the engine, but
not quite.  Then let it set for 10/15 min and start it
up.  Hopefully your plugs are not wet enough to
prevent a start.  Lots of smoke and carbon coming out.

I've used this to stop "ping", temporarily.  It isn't
permanenet.  You have to find out why the buildup is
there and stop that. I've had a couple engines that
did this and never did figure out why they built the
carbon so fast.  Maybe I was getting bad fuel, no
idea.

Steve