RE: [ihc] Re: Hastings low oil pressure tip

I have some more information on the different filter base gaskets and the
differences in the early blocks.  I have taken some pictures and posted them
on my web space.  I cannot leave them there permanently so if you'd like
please copy them.

I did some research and found that in the B-series parts book 2 different
filter base gaskets are shown.  Breakdown is as follows: before and after
engine serial #105952 on the 266, #100380 on the 304 and #101187 on the 345.
The early gasket says "3 hole gasket" and the later is "4 hole gasket".  I
think they are referring to the mounting holes, as per the following
pictures.  The filter base is the same number on all.

On the 266 block that came out of my 62 C120 there is the 1/4 hole that I
think Hasting refers to in their tip.  I have no idea if this is the
original block to this truck or not, maybe it came out of an earlier truck.
http://www.fone.net/~rvar/ihfilterbase/266block.jpg

This 304 came out of a 59 B160.  Again, no idea if it's original to the
truck or not.  Neither the 266 or the 304 have the engine ID and serial
number on the familiar spot on the front right side of the block like all
the later SV's have.
http://www.fone.net/~rvar/ihfilterbase/304block.jpg

Here are the pictures of the filter bases off each one, with descriptions.
http://www.fone.net/~rvar/ihfilterbase/filterbase.jpg

Kurt