Re: [ihc] Tom's Planned Trans tunnel butchery

Ryan Moore wrote:

Tom has a 5spd out of a Medium...  it has a higher shifter tower and the
slave cylinder is farther out since space wasn't a worry...

If he had a 5spd out of a light line, it'd be a different story.

Right, Tom?
Close. The slave cylinder *IS* medium-duty stuff, and that's why it didn't clear my cable-linkage-designed '74 tunnel.

But the shift tower is just a T-34/35/36 thing. No "Loadstar vs. Light Line" there, though the *shifter* needed customized to accomodate the dash of the '74 pickup.

The shift tower is just taller on a T-35 than on a T98/T19, and as near as I can tell, the tunnel cover doesn't accomodate it very well in my '74 pickup.

Might just need the trans lowered some more.. but I'm not sure I can get the 1" I need from lowering the transmission mount..

The spacer strips I cut n' welded into my tunnel for the time being are ~1" high, and I can still get the tranny to smack the tunnel occasionally.. like when I parked the truck n' trailer in a sandy parking lot in Moab, and got some wheel hop and oscillations while trying to putter back out.

The T-35 smacked the tunnel cover pretty soundly a few times..