Re: [ihc] Re: Goofy Diesel Questions

Howard;

I know that 80's Ford pickups and vans that used the 6.9 motor used the same transmission C6 as the 460. Did IH manufacture some of the 6.9's with a 460 Ford bolt pattern on the block or was adapter used like on the 7.3's. I know the torque converters are also the same and you don't use a spacer with it or the flywheel.

FYI I have a C6 in my Dually that originally left the factory behind a 6.9. The trans is built a little stronger for the diesel than for the gas motors, and the 460 trans was built stronger than the transmissions the smaller engines. Different clutch packs and baskets.

Bob

Howard R Pletcher wrote:

I didn't say it specifically, but the topic started out on putting a 6.9
in a Scout. The 6.9 uses a #2.

Howard

On Thu, 29 Jul 2004 17:57:05 -0700 "John Donnelly"