RE: [ihc] Simply Shocking...

I agree with Jim G's comments on "good old" Gabriel & Monroe. For a while, I
had an expensive set of Rancho 3-way adjustables on my T'All. (I don't
remember the model #; I want to say 7000?) I never really noticed much, if
any difference in ride quality between those and the HD Gabriels I had on
before, or the Monroes I have now. I think if you wait for a sale on a set
from either of the manufacturers above, so long as they are the right fit to
your vehicle, you can't go wrong. I think John H's statement that "a lot of
this stuff is in the head!" is right on. Perhaps there are tuning and
fitment issues that I'm missing, and there really is a difference between
the makes that justifies the extra cost, but I haven't experienced it. Just
my two cents... ~John A.
---