Re: [ihc] Simply Shocking...

On May 16, 2004, at 9:53 PM, Peter F. Ferris wrote:

And if there are folks that are mainly on roaders (like me), and you've
found Brand X at AutoZone work as well as anything, let me know!

All comments appreciated!

Cheers,

--Pete
You know, Pete, I have Ranchos on my Scout more to "look good" than any other specific reason. On my GC, I have shocks my son got me from his supplier (CarQuest) for a very good price. They are generic, made by either Gabriel or Monroe (I've forgotten), are top of the line in quality, and seem to be very good shocks.

For your use, unless you are peer conscious, I suggest you shop price and quality rather than a brand that has name value.

My Trailmaster lift kit came with what I thought were Bilsteins, and I always admired how great they were. After many miles and years, I put the Ranchos on and when I took the old shocks off discovered that they were made by Monroe for Trailmaster and weren't Bilsteins at all. Man, a lot of this stuff is in the head!

John