[ihc] Shockingly blue

Sit down before you fall over....

As some of you know, I am a tight-fisted sot. Scot's blood, I guess ;)

However, I'm *really* tired of cleaning up after 'wet' lead/acid batteries.
So when 4WPW sent me an email that their 'orbital' batteries were $99.95 I
couldn't resist. These are the Exide version of the Optima concept,
identical to what CSK sells. I got the blue top deep cycle and put it in the
SII. They are a group 34something, and not as tall as a standard group 24.
That's a good thing for hood clearance, but a bad thing for the stock SII
battery clamp bolt on the inner fender. Mine's busted off anyway, so I'm
changing out the battery tray to a plastic unit with a J bolt on both sides.
The combo will still be shorter than a group 24 in the stock tray, and
there'll be more clearance between the battery tray and the p/s pump.

Time will tell about the service life, but they sure seem like a good deal.
That sale price has been repeated a few times in the past month or so.

Jim