[ihc] Re: making a 1/2T a 3/4T

  Ryan-
  One last thought on the 44 front; unless you need a Dana 60, that might be
a cheap way to get a driving front axle in the correct ratio to match your
rear. If it's the Dodge setup like I suspect it is, you would need the
knuckles out to make it a 'normal' 44 front, along with eight lug rotors and
brake setup. Chevy,  Ford or later (or maybe even earlier) Dodge should
work, if you swap everything from the knuckles out including the stub
shafts. Most of the Dodge military front axles I've seen for sale are either
rebuilt, new or very lightly used, so if you can steal it it may be a decent
deal.
  Dennis