RE: [ihc] Re: making a 1/2T a 3/4T

## >>   Thanks Mac, I will defer to you on this one. I never heard
## >> of a military
## >> 3/4 ton pickup, but I guess they exist, and with the Dana 44
## >> front. But, as
## >> you said, they use the 'normal' front end with locking hubs.

the 3/4ton trucks definitely exist.  and they certainly have the locking
hubs.  even the CUCV pickups have the locking hubs.  there are still a
couple of them kicking around the post, bought at auction by local
contractors and used fairly regularly.

## >> My money is
## >> still on those fronts Ryan is talking about being from Dodge military
## >> pickups. Do the military 3/4 tons use the same drivetrain as the CUCV
## >> (6.2/TH400/NP208)?
## >>   Dennis

they're diesels, probably the 6.2litre...  but the rest, i don't know.  they
won't let me crawl under them and look, i can't get any closer to them than
i was today.  so far as i've been able to determine, only the two Suburbans
and the Blazer actually get driven anywhere.  i've never actually seen any
of the pickups outside of their respective motorpools, some of them look
like they've been sitting right where they are since they got back from the
first Gulf War.

my nickel/grain of salt disclaimer

--Mac

Wassail!

Krystof "Mac" MacBryghde
TyrGothi

http://master.triad.ath.cx/
---
This message is certified Virus Free.  However;
Don't take *my* word for it, check it yourself.