[ihc] Re: Carhartt Shorts

 > But, since RMIHR moved to Salida, where it seems to be MUCH hotter than
 Fairplay, I'm forced to sacrifice a little "wrenching functionality" for
 "I'm melting away" functionality.
I never wore shorst the whole time I worked construction... given it wasn't
really all that long, but it was 110 degrees in the shade and I was working
in attics that didn't have ventilation holes even cut in them left.  I don't
think it can get much worse than that...

 The other prime factor to consider, Ryan.. when driving my Travelette
 down the Interstates of Colorado and Utah in late July, towing my car
 trailer, even if you open all 5 windows, you CAN NOT circulate enough
 air in the cabin to make up for the 140-degF radiant heat source in
 front of you and just under you.

Well, as I'm sure Tom has noticed the mere idea of me wearing shorts is absolutely foriegn. One one exception is of course running, then I wear athletic shorts, other that that it's jeans or their Dickies equivilent at work all year long. Even loading semi-trailers in the summer when it's 100+ outside of the trailer. I suppose some people wear shorts and others don't....

Dave