[ihc] Fitting conclusion to my day in the sun ....

The Tierra del Sol club had a big evening festivity last night, presented a
check to Blue Ribbon, AND gave Del a box of IH shackle parts to give to me.
I have no idea where they came up with those, but it was SO appropriate.

Among the 1400 vehicles out there, there were two travelettes, one belonging
to the big fellow active in organizing the Western Regionals, not Papero.
His was kind of fittingly bedraggled, but the other one, painted a bright
yellow, looked to be in very nice shape.

There were a couple of Scout II's and a Traveler that I saw. Lots of
non-Jeep vehicles at an event that is organized and put on by a club that is
basically a Jeep club.

Wanda, on the way down to the event, asked me if we were going to have a
problem with the Jeep guys at their event, but that was silly in the first
place and turned out to be just the opposite. Don't tell herself that I said
she was silly.

Boy, that BF Goodrich support team is something. I wonder if they'd like to
come to Death Valley with me to keep our vehicles welded together. I grinned
to myself with some satisfaction that the welder was leaning inside my BF
Goodrich Mud Terrains. So far, that is the only thing I've liked about those
tires. Nah, there is some prestige connected to having the Mud Terrains,
even if they are totally inappropriate to what I do with them.

Kind of like the Carhart pants and shirt I bought to wear when Tom M. is
around. It's what we mountain men wear, you know. <g>

John

John Hofstetter
www.goldrush.com/~hofs