[ihc] Re: Carhartt Shorts / Door speakers

Ryan Moore wrote:
I do have two pair of Carhartt pants,  one pair of blue jeans (which I'm
wearing right now) and one pair of tan ones.  I don't understand why, but
the tan ones seem a *lot* thicker and heavier constructed than the blue
ones.  They both have the requisite pockets...
I have a pair of two of Carhartt *jeans*.. they're good jeans, but they are NOT the work-pants. The "brown duck" pants are the best - the other colors are OK, but the brown/tan are the heavy duty stuff.

I own a pair or two of black work pants, the rest are brown.

FWIW, I also have a pair of black insulated bibs used for hunting and winter wheeling.

trailer, even if you open all 5 windows, you CAN NOT circulate enough
air in the cabin to make up for the 140-degF radiant heat source in
Sounds like you need a rear slider...
Didja notice "all FIVE windows" were open.. that's 4 doors and one rear slider.. on a '74 Travelette, the front windshield isn't hinged for ventilation like the older trucks. :D

I try to avoid putting speakers in doors, seems to lead to some issues a lot
of times.   Did you put things over the back of them so the water won't hurt
them?
I installed foam baffles/speaker covers in the door before installing the 6.5 round 3-way speaker to protect the back side of the speakers from any moisture in the door.

Before doing that, I also scrubbed out the inside of the doors and coated the bottom 1/3 of the inside with POR-15, along with the backside of the door panels.

It was a convenient location to put the speakers without taking up any cabin space (you'd think a Travelette cab would be spacious enough, but it's not).

Eventually, I intend to put a pair of tweeters at the top of the A-pillars, and a sub or two under or behind the rear seat. I'm trying to hold off on doing too much to the interior until after I've put the rollcage in.

-Tom