[ihc] Carhartt Shorts

Ryan Moore wrote:
you wear.... shorts?  <g>

I just always wear jeans.  I might average a few days a year where I go to
shorts, but for the most part I avoid them like the plague.  ;)

It avoids having to worry about those lobster legs...
Amazingly, Yes.

There was a time it was quite the spectacle if I showed up at RMIHR (or other events) in anything but my now-trademark Carhartt jeans (FWIW, my second RMIHR I ruined two brand new pairs of "regular" jeans).

But, since finding Carhartt shorts, it's becoming more common.

I can still lay heavy/sharp/greasy objects on my legs (restricted to just my thigh, of course) without worrying about needing stitches. I can still wipe my hands on my pants with impunity. And I can still make my shorts attempt to hang around my knees by making use of the dozen pockets for wrenches and ratchets, and the hammer loop for my handy 3lbs sledge.

If RMIHR were held in Fairplay still, I doubt I'd be wearing shorts much.

But, since RMIHR moved to Salida, where it seems to be MUCH hotter than Fairplay, I'm forced to sacrifice a little "wrenching functionality" for "I'm melting away" functionality.

The other prime factor to consider, Ryan.. when driving my Travelette down the Interstates of Colorado and Utah in late July, towing my car trailer, even if you open all 5 windows, you CAN NOT circulate enough air in the cabin to make up for the 140-degF radiant heat source in front of you and just under you.

Not only did it feel like I was inside an oven.. *I WAS*.

Hmmm.. I wonder if removing the doors would improve the air flow in the cabin? That'd be a lot faster, cheaper and easier than fixing the air conditioning.. let me run that by Michelle and see what she thinks.. :D

Oh, wait.. that won't work... I put the stereo speakers in all 4 doors.. how short-sighted of me!

-Tom Mandera, Helena MT
http://www.tmcom.com/~tsm1/scout