Re: [ihc] Final round (hopefully) of Postal 800 talk

"Joseph Shaw, II" wrote:

> I didn't necessarily mean for you to buy it, but I always thought that more
> people were of the opinion that the parts were too hard to find, and thus,
> avoided them, as opposed to thinking that because they were hard to find
> they had good value!

That's the bottom line - you need to find somebody who wants/needs what
you're selling.  Besides, apart from the dash and steering box, there
really isn't any difference from RHD and LHD Scouts, as far as I know.
Well, maybe the heater core and a few minor things like that, but that
type of stuff should be relatively easy to fabricate a solution to.  And
I know you didn't mean for me to buy it, but I was tempted.  These rigs
are kind of rare.  I'm just lucky I've kept my ear to the ground and got
what I've got.

> In my experience, most IH V8's I have had get at least 10 MPG, and can go up
> to 12-14 pretty easily.  That is pretty poor mileage for a 258, though, it
> seems.  I can understand your concerns!!!
>
> Again, good luck with this whole "project."  Sounds like fun getting to pick
> and choose a bit of what you want!

Actually, it's no fun at all.  If it was a recreational vehicle, maybe
you'd be right.  But it's a work truck that will be subjected to
extremely harsh automotive conditions.  You've got to make sure you pick
the right parts for the job, and don't screw it up.

Dave