Re: [ihc] Final round (hopefully) of Postal 800 talk

I remember when you posted that.  I tried to help you out, but the big
turn-off on it was the 345 engine.  If I'm getting 7MPG with a 258,
imagine how bad the 345 would be?  One guy who was interested but
decided against it ended up getting a '74 RHD Scout II for, IIRC, $400.
It kind of works, too.  The engine was rehabbed, but the transmission
needs work, etc.  (If it was me, I'd have gotten your rig and dealt with
the fuel economy.  But that's just me.)  Whoever got it for $430 got a
deal, if I remember the condition of your rig properly.

_I_ almost bought it.  But it didn't seem drivable for the trip to FL
and I don't have a trailer, so that was an issue.  Also if I bought a
second Scout, I wanted a Traveler.  Never even considered an 800 until a
week or so ago - that's when I figured out it all made sense.

Dave