[ihc] Final round (hopefully) of Postal 800 talk

OK, guys.  I _THINK_ I've made up my mind on the Postal 800.  But, as
they say, the devil is in the details, so on we go...

Swapping in a Scout II front axle should give me a decent turning
radius, especially if I use 235/75/15 tires, as planned.  Would I be
better served using a smaller tire, say 225 or 215?  The wider tires
seem to wear better, but it's not that big of a difference.

The axle swap also gives me front disc brakes, which should all but
eliminate the need for a power booster.  So, we seem OK on that front.

The issue of heat.  Fleck tells me that there is a factory Aux Trans
Cooler in the truck.  Which is great.  On my Scout II I had an aux
cooler with its own fan installed.  It runs when the outside air
temperature rises above 75-80 degrees or so.  A friend of mine with an
old mail Jeep installed an extra fan on his Jeep, and he says it works
great (It's not the nicest installation - he mounted it outside the
front grill and just screwed it in.  But as long as it works, that's all
that matters, really.)  From what I've heard, the room between the
radiator and grill to install such a fan on the 800, right?

Mike Toney, I'm in northern Florida, so I probably have similar
temperatures to you.  But, being on the coast I don't seem to have all
of the humidity issues you do.  It does get hot, but I have been dealing
with it in the Scout II.  Still, if I can keep it cooler, that'd be a
huge plus.  (I already know I want to repaint the top white.  That's
probably what's saving me in the Scout II - reflecting a lot of that
Florida sun.)

As for having a hard time finding and maintaining RHD vehicles - you
have no idea.  Finding them isn't really a problem.  Finding one that
isn't overpriced is.  Although, "overpriced" is a relative term.  As
long as one person is willing to pay that amount, it's not really
overpriced.  The real problem is, none of them are good.  I've been
doing this for nearly 5 years, and I came to the realization a few years
ago that the only way to make it work, is to put the money into it to
make it right.  Which is why I ended up with a Scout.  Not the ideal
choice, perhaps, but customizable enough to make it close.  Life would
have been much easier if I was a rocket scientist or accountant or some
such.  Probably should have been, come to think of it...

Dave