Re: Travelette powertrain.. brownies..

> yeah, but it's the principle of being able to use everything at the same
> time.   :)
>
> What about say you're pulling a f@rd or chebby out from where they are
> stuck, it'd give you a slightly lower gear to use to pull them out.

Actually, it's my intention to mount the brownie *backwards*.  The unit I
have is a 1:1, 1.3:1, 1.5:1 underdrive.  I don't need any lower gearing
(wide box, 4.30 gears).. I'd mount it backwards and use it as an OD.  The
1.3 under will split the gears of a wide T19 just as well in "OD" as it
does "UD", and I could get a taller final drive.

As far as vehicle recovery.. it's STILL a 166" WB pickup, and still the
nicest thing I own.. if I need to go recover a stuck Ford or Chevy, that's
what my Scout is for. :D

Oh.. if I did mount the brownie in UD and between the T19 and NP205, and
ran 2wd low range.. then I might start fearing for the RA-15's axle
shafts.. or in 4x4 the 30sp stubs in the front 60 (or Selectro hubs).