Re: Travelette powertrain..

----- Original Message -----
From: <tsm1@domain.elided>
To: "Ryan Moore" <baradium@domain.elided>
Cc: <tsm1@domain.elided>; "Joel M Brodsky" <jmbrodsky@domain.elided>;
<ihc@domain.elided>
Sent: Friday, June 13, 2003 10:42
Subject: Re: Travelette powertrain..

> My mom used to preach that if I *needed* 4wd, I had no business driving..
> I still don't agree with her, but I will agree that if I *NEED* 4wd to
> pull a load, I'm probably not too worried about being able to split
> shifts. ;)

yeah, but it's the principle of being able to use everything at the same
time.   :)

What about say you're pulling a f@rd or chebby out from where they are
stuck, it'd give you a slightly lower gear to use to pull them out.

plus, you already said you knew the NP205 was up to anything you threw at
it.  If the brownie is after the NP205 you are adding stress to the brownie
if you ever use the NP205 in low range, whereas if it's before the NP205 it
doesn't know whether the NP205 is in 2wd, 4x4 or low range.

-Ryan