Stag/Stag Digest Archive

Re: Restoration: In Need Of Dire Help

Dave,

Thanks for the info. The car was given to me from my father as a graduation
present. Now the problem seems to be TIME! Great, maybe I should have taken
that gap year!

Anyway, could you say that the reason for taking so long to do the car (is 9
years a long time for this type of job) is because you are a family man.
There are now other priorities in your life? How long on average, does the
restoration by a professional such as Hart Racing Services take (are they
good?). Did you work on your car as often as possible. Sorry for all the
questions but I am sure you know where I am coming from!

I adore the car. During the summer holidays I spend in Cyprus, which is
only a month or so, I try to tinker with the car as much as I can. I think I
have that feeling that I cannot entrust the car with anybody else. It would
be a hell of a mistake to pay the garage 3-4 thousand pounds on the car with
a job that doesn't look much better than the initial look. In such cases as
these, there is no guarantee.

Thanks for the feed back though, and I would appreciate any fresh thoughts!

Alex