Stag/Stag Digest Archive

Diffs

I have heard the saloon diffs will fit if you put the Stag rear plate on
them. I have heard also that the Stag diff shares the same rear plate as the
Estate. I am not sure what is different about the Stag housing from the
saloon. I've got both in my garage so I will have a look and get back on
this one.

The crown wheel and pinion is a bit different though. The gear teeth on the
Stag version are a bit longer and maybe taller and it seems to be regularly
claimed that the Stag diff is therefore a bit stronger. I know of one person
whose diff experienced failure and he used the internals from a saloon to
repair it and I don't think he has had any problems with it.