Stag/Stag Digest Archive

Stainless Steel Exhausts

Dear all,

We seem to be running into problems with the 'fit' and general quality of
stainless exhausts again.  In the last few days I have had about 6 calls on
this - out of 1,200 members I think this could be the signs of an epidemic.

Can you take a moment to reply to me if you have fitted a stainless exhaust
in the last couple of years, and answer these questions;

 - who the retail supplier was
 - name of the make (e.g., Bell, Falcon etc)
 - whether you were satisfied with the 'fit' of it
 - if not satisfied, what did you have to do to get it sorted out?
 - is the exhaust note acceptably quiet to you?

If there is any pattern to this, I will post it to the Stag Digest.

Thank you in advance for your help.

Mike Wattam
Chairman - Triumph Stag Register