Stag/Stag Digest Archive

More Stag Questions

I've got to replace the tires on the Stag before I can drive it, and
just had a thought. Are Stag wire wheels tubeless?

After removing the windshield, (by cutting the rubber part which was old
& cracked) I found the remains of 3 little metal tabs that had been pop
riveted to the bast of the windshield opening near the center. Are they
normal, or is this some DPO mod to fit the windshield? I probably have
enough left of one to duplicate it. The windshield seems to have leaked
from new. Same for the steel finisher piece at the top of the windshield
frame, the seam sealer there never quite made it at the edges and water
came in. You can follow the path of the dirt that was deposited.

Let's see, oh - the floor panels and under the rear seat were covered
with these square sections of some type of thick plastic that hardened
there. It was put in place before the car was painted, but the painting
didn't get under the edges causing some rust and a number of small rust
throughs. Is this normal? Do you guys leave this stuff there or remove
it and replace it with something else? I'm inclined to remove it and
paint, then put some sound/heat insulation there.

--
George Richardson
The Wyvern - '57 TR3, TS15559L - http://www.merlingroupinc.com/tr3.htm