Stag/Stag Digest Archive

Re: Front wheel bearing.

You might also check to see if you have a crack in the stub axle near the
base.

richard.brake@domain.elided writes:

<< Did you change one or both bearings on that hub?

 If only one then change both before suspecting the stub axle. The stub
 axles nomally show wear on the running surfaces if they are knackered.
 Alternatively was the hub okay? Did the bearing seat securely into it?
 These can wear causing the bearing to run.

 Rimmers were doing a special offer of both spiders, both hubs, both stub
 axles and bearing sets. The price escapes me but I thought it was
 signifigantly cheap! Somewhere around £80 but don't quote me and the
 price may well have gone up.

 If you really do have a problem you might want to consider changing the
 lot. I think I had to use a lot of heat to separate a stub axle and
 spider.

 Richard  Brake
 richard.brake@domain.elided >>