Stag/Stag Digest Archive

Engine Number

Fellow Listers

My Stag was built in October '71 and I thought that I'd find the engine
number stamped on the block just below the plugs for nos 6 and 8 cylinders.
I have the number on the registration document but I want  to check it for
myself for my TSR application form.  Is it difficult to see/read or is my
eyesight worsening?  I had no luck reading anything down between the
distributor and coil either. Is this sinister?
Regards
Mike Stevenson