Stag/Stag Digest Archive

Warranty Conditions

Glenn Merrell wrote:

> So does your overhaul warranty begin from the date of installation or the date
> you received them?  ;-}

Excellent question - this issue also arises with my rebuilt engine (starts when I took
delivery) and rebuilt gearbox (starts when it goes in the car). Most suppliers insist on
the former, some will negotiate the latter if they know you well enough (in my
experience).

Conventional advice is "get the mechanical bits overhauled and ready to fit whilst you
work on the body and paint". Doesn't always work out if the body job takes longer than
anticipated :)

Regards,
Phil Wardle
SOCTFL