Stag/Stag Digest Archive

Re: Speedo

Hi Alistair
If speedo needle, oddometer and trip meter all packed up then speedo probably
OK.
I suspect there is no drive reaching it.

1)  Cable became unscrewed from back of speedo
2)  Inner cable broken  (Undo cable  from back of instrument and without
pulling it out twist to sense if that could be the problem).
3)  Cable drive problem. I haven't seen one so do not know what this would be
like

Has the needle been swinging about lately? If so I suspect broken inner worn
out by rubbing against outer somewhere on a bend.
It pays to withdraw inner cables periodically and grease them. Not oil mind
you, because the twists in the cable can pump the oil up in to the instrument
head.

My bit

Peter H