Stag/Stag Digest Archive

Re: Unleaded Petrol

Hi All
Yes it is true. The SOC mag carries that news.
I have now just completed 10,000 miles on unleaded, and my car goes as well as
ever. In fact it goes better. Less pollutants as well witness the fact I do
not have to clean off the blue haze from my rear bumper and overider every 500
miles as in the past.
So I would say go unleaded with impunity. My engine has Mk2 heads, so I am not
even sure its necessary to retard the timing.
Peter H