Stag/Stag Digest Archive

Re: Rubber Components

Dean Cunningham wrote:

> Hi Phil,
>
> Just my $0.02 if you are talking to your SOCTFL colleagues
> If SOCTFL does decide to look at remanufacturing rubber components, then
> I would suggest they first look at components that do not have
> acceptable replacements.

Agreed, I've just posted an email with a suggestion for an experiment concerning
one such part, in which members of the forum can participate. If this works out,
we may be able to repeat the exercise with other parts.

> For example poor quality gaiters to me would be a priority, whereas
> bushes for the anti roll bar would be low as there are already poly
> bushes around.

Dead right, the gaiters problem has been reviewed several times recently, and
SOCTFL is aware that something needs to be done. I would suggest that this is a
strong candidate to be looked at next (my personal view) but would require a
larger investment, so let's try the small rubber mounting in the initial
experiment first.

> If I was  a member of the UK SOC can I obtain a list of "recommended
> parts" from the SOCTFL?

Anyone at all, regardless of being in any club or no club at all, can phone Tony
Lee of Stagpro for advice on 01564 783438. Stagpro is an independant company and
neither the Stag Owners' Club nor SOCTFL have any financial or any other interest
in it, but Tony works closely with SOCTFL and only sells SOCTFL "tick" approved
parts.

Other Stag parts vendors also offer advice, some on special phone numbers
published in their adverts.  Some of these also sell SOCTFL "tick" approved parts
(please ask them which parts are, and which aren't). If they sell something that
isn't it may still be up to the standard you would expect, but this would be for
you to ascertain for yourself.

Hope this helps

Phil Wardle,
Director, SOCTFL