Stag/Stag Digest Archive

help with Stag parts and windshield trim

Once again, I am trying to fit the chrome windshield trim on my 73 Stag.
The problem now is that the two sides of the chrome trim have different
profiles. In other words, the cross section of the drivers side is pretty
much a "C" shape, with each part of the inner lip being about 1/4 inch,
while the inner profile on the passenger chrome trim is about 1/4 inch on
the top and about 1/2 inch on the lower lip! This has made it impossible
to put the chrome trim on. Has anyone else discovered a difference in the
trim? I am at the point of hiring a windshield shop to put it on, but
they just want to glue it in place.

Also, does anyone have a good used vent/drain flap (p/n 616206) that I
could buy ? I have not been able to find one worth a darn here in South
Florida as the heat has destroyed the rubber. I would like to try
Eastwoods kit to make copies of this part.

Thanks
Larry Miceli

'73 Stag
'66 Herald

or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]