Stag/Stag Digest Archive

Re: Help!

On Fri, 22 Jan 1999 14:19:56 -0500 "Weir, Mark" <mark.weir@domain.elided>
writes:
>US STAGGERS
>
>I am in need of a stag gas tank......asap.

Mark,

I have recently replaced my MKII gas tank. I found a used MKI (yes they
are a little different) that I bought for $50. I spent another $50.
having it dipped to remove all rust, then had a friend weld up the 2
small pin holes in it (free), then spent another $50 bucks on paint
supplies and having it sprayed so it would not rust again. I should have
used the slushing compound, but I couldn't stand to spend another $40
bucks on the kit. After all that, Rimmer Bros offers an exact repro gas
tank for about  80 pounds (multiply by 1.7). Coupled with their recent
free shipping offer, it would have been a much better deal to get one
new. A friend of mine in North Fla. has just ordered one, and I will let
you know what it is like when it comes in, if you are interested.
Larry Miceli

'73 Stag
'66 Herald

or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]