Stag/Stag Digest Archive

Re: Welty fund

Bill,

I hope you didn't construe my message as a slight on your character
or the excellent intent of what you want to do.  Mine is a pragmatic
approach in getting the funds directly to Richard, that way there
is no question about anything.  Not that there even was a question!

I want to clearly state that I think what you've proposed is
fantastic and I believe that your intent was absolutely honorable.

Why should you bother getting in the middle of things if we can
get the funds directly to Richard?  Think of the possiblity, you
get the glory without the hassle!

Bravo Bill!  Thanx for your concern for Richard and taking action.

john

At 08:13 PM 1/5/99 -0500, Alfa Romeo Search and Rescue Society wrote:
>I seem to have made the misjudgement that other digest members share the
>same comradeship and assumed trust of other members that the Alfa Digest
>does. My mistake.
>
>We feel we have far too much to lose by screwing a fellow member. The
>folks on that digest are personal friends, as far as I am concerned.
>
>That being said, the off digest slurs and insults I have received via
>e-mail are not worth the bother to try to cross digest lines. I'm very
>disappointed.
>
>Since so many think I am up to something unsavory,other than AD members
>who are are applauding me, do as this fellow Glenn recommends and please
>do something monetary for Richard. He's got the address. I am going to
>concentrate my efforts over on the Alfa digest and hopefully do a nice
>deed.
>
>Even though many think my idea is a scam, it is MY effort, and I
>encourage others to follow suit with whatever means they see fit. At
>least I tried.
>
>Best regards.
>

>	*************************************************************
>			   B i l l   H a r k e l l
>			      Tampa Florida USA
>		       '91 Alfa 168B / '69 Alfa Spider
>	    Homepage: http://pw2.netcom.com/~alfabill/welcome.htm
>	   Alfa parts specials http://mastrosubaru.com/special.htm
>	    Alfa factory parts: http://mastrosubaru.com/parts.htm

 john@domain.elided    http://www.wagoneers.com
       http://www.virtual-cafe.com/~john
  http://www.wagoneers.com/BIBLE/Bible-1998.html
 Snohomish, WA, where Jeeps don't rust, they mold...