Stag/Stag Digest Archive

Coolant in Vee

Hi all
I have found why it leaked.
The Manifold mating face has a slight half little finger nail sized slice out
of the bottom edge of the water opening. Corrosion.  So my mating face  width
at that point about 1 eighth of an inch!!
Presumably that place has been there for a long time and the coolant went in
there and did not circulate and slowly rotted the gasket.
I will have to fill that shaving up with a tiny little piece of that aluminium
based epoxy resin. Any problems with that.
Other wise its aluminium welding and remachining but for a piece hafl the size
of a little finger nail and 3 thou deep its  hardly worth it.
Peter Howells
Getting there, as someone once signed