Stag/Stag Digest Archive

Re: Rear suspension question

Thomas

Greetings from canberra

For mine the sealant is only to stop water penetrating the body, I have
just replaced the from\nt suspension which uses some stuff call Telseal,
and the recommendation that I received was just to use some silicone
sealant that one uses around the house.   Otherwise you can get tins of
soft putty like sealant from a auto paint shop.

As for the top springs in the rear brakes, I know that the spring are a pin
to install, but from my observation is the top spring is on the out side
the brake shoes have a tendancy to twist towards the drum and possibly
contact it,  by having the top springs inside the shoes are held in contact
with the backing plate.   So basically I do not advocate them on the
outside of the shoes

As for the paper washers, mine disappeared years ago.

keep staggering

Brian