Stag/Stag Digest Archive

Re: Windshield leak,oilcooler install , AC problem, boot pops open and vapor lock

Ralph

Greetings from canberra,

Sorry can not help you with the leak but I two pence worth to say about the
oil cooler.

I obtained one from Rimmers, it uses the adaptor on the oil filter plus a
screw on oil filter.  I have heard that there is an MG one which attaches
throught plugs in the block.

Frankly, my opinion is that they are dead useless and it was waste of money.

If fact mine is about to come off and I will revert to the original oil
filter minus cooler.

I fitted one on the understanding that it would help oil pressure, that is,
cooler oil = higher pressure.

Well I do not know about the oil temperature but I lost about 7 to 10 psi
of pressure.  It has been in place for about 2 years and over this time
over many runs short or long no improvement to the situation.

keep staggering   Brian